It's been a bit quiet on the blog front, I know. I've been fairly busy with a new job and a new relationship and all the rest! It's a public holiday today so I've been able to sit down and spend some time on the slightly-neglected areas of my life. I hope you enjoy this post.
Today's post is all about the February Greenhouse Society release from Technique Tuesday: the gorgeous Mixed Flower Bouquet. I love going through the release page and seeing what everyone makes!
It's been a crazy time for me. I've recently started a new relationship, a new job, and joined a committee organisation for an event happening in May, plus I'm also working on my Arbonne products! If that doesn't sound like I don't have much personal time left, you'll be correct. These are all things I decided to do, however, so I'm not complaining at all. I enjoy being busy!
These products landed on my doorstep on the 24th of February (Monday) and although I had a little bit of time on Thursday night, I really had to sit down on Saturday morning and focus on these cards. I especially love how this stamp set has a rose, a peony and a dahlia - they are so different but work together well!
For this first card, I stamped the floral image onto X-Press It Blending Paper which is good for alcohol markers. I've actually never used proper alcohol marker paper (oops) and I love how well it works! It's probably going to help in the upkeep of my pens! I really wanted to colour these images with Nuvo Markers and focus on leaving white spaces on the flowers, and I wanted each flower to be a different colour.
The card itself is fairly simple - the floral image is stamped twice onto the paper and then coloured. I embossed the sentiment into black paper and then placed it on top with Glue Dots, and placed the paper onto a card base.
I stamped the image with Memento Jet Black ink onto watercolour paper, and picked out some colours to play with. I've used Sliced Kiwi on the leaves, plus Cinnamon Stick and Caramel Pecan on the roses' leaves. For the rose, I used Empress Teal and True Turquoise, Mango Magic and Tomato Juice on the dahlia, and Wild Phlox and Sweet Pea on the peony.
Once I was happy with the colouring, I die-cut the image out.
I then had to decide what to do for a background. I really liked the blues and greens, so I headed for my blending brushes and Distress ink! I masked the white section using Purple Tape from Thermoweb and got down to business. I've used Pine Needles, Evergreen Borough, Cracked Pistachio (a personal favourite) and Twisted Citron for the greens. I also used Salty Ocean and Blueprint Sketch for the blues.
Once the blending was done, I added water splatters on the inked section and then removed the purple tape. I love how easy it comes off, so smooth and no sticky residue left!
I stamped the 'Thanks' and then placed the flower bouquet onto my card with Glue Dots. I did want a bit of dimension for this card so I simply layered the glue dots.
That's it! I love these cards and had a lot of fun playing with the images. If you get your hands on this stamp, let me know what you've created with it!
Until next time,